Well if TIA a standardization body recognized by ANSI and backed then by ISO has been defeated all of us could be a target -legally speaking- in any country if we use the four letter word -pls keep clear your mind is not F_ _ K- but it could be interpret alike.
Ok, now we have to look into a new conceptualization, so let propose this idea.
The classification is used to have or get a recognition on what features your facility OPEration / CONstruction or /and DESign can be awarded for. Correct? This must have the formula to:
- comply a minimum requirements that a owner would want to achieve in its investment ,
- be use as a marketing advantage by the owner
- comply sustainability / energy efficiency and reduce TCO and be a Social Responsible organization.
- be recognize by industry / and market as an innovator status
This is trying to do via data centres standards like
- EN Europe
- TIA , BICSI USA
- ISO/IEC JTC1 / SC39 World organization
- NMX México
- Data Center Council Japan
- Public ICT strategy Australia (now iin public comment)
And best practices documents like TGG, EU CoC among others
Maybe UTI has gave to all of us a GREAT opportunity to align the concept -classification- no matter the own differences that those documents (standards, good practices) can have each one -because country, interest, idiosyncrasy- and use one word. Which could be?
Then all of us will be:
- going to the same direction
- using a word that classify better our facilities
- and of course safe enough -no lawyers- not using anymore the four letter word that now is forbidden in this OUR industry / market
Or what do you think?
roberto sanchez, RCDD